Charter Reservation Guide
Chartering a yacht can be a daunting experience for many people, at Istion it is our job to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
Our experts will take you step by step through:
- understanding your needs and your expectations
- suggesting the best yacht for your group
- suggesting suitable charter areas and which islands to visit
- offering top quality service and support throughout your holiday
- arranging for any special requirements that you may need
Our aim is always to arrange a perfect sailing holiday for every one of our guests.
To get started simply contact us and let us know:
- Your experience with yachts (any sailing qualifications and if you would like a bareboat or skippered charter)
- The number of people in your party (and if any of them need a single private cabin)
- Any preferences in the islands you would like to visit
- When you are planning to be in Greece
- Any other information or questions you have regarding your charter
The Offer Process
In case we need any further details we will contact you to discuss your plans and confirm any unclear points. We then send our complete and detailed proposal and offer. If you have any further questions we are happy to answer any detail. The official charter contract, invoice and payment instruction will follow your final confirmation of your chosen offer.
Prior to your arrival we will ask for all your arrival information and a complete list of your requirements (transfers, hotel reservations, provisions, etc). We ensure to take care of each little detail so you can rest easy upon your arrival in Greece.
Bare boat charters 2015 terms & conditions
Charter rates in Euro referring to weekly charter period, including:
o Current VAT
o Use of yachts with following equipment: VHF, Radio CD, GPS, Autopilot, Echo sounder, Speedometer, Dinghy with Outboard motor, Warm water supply, Spray hood, Bimini/tent, Blankets.
Charter rates do not include:
o Fuel, water, provisioning, extra linen running expenses& mooring fees
o Provisions: Ask for our provisioning form. Fill it in and email or fax it to us. On your embarkation your food and beverages will be onboard.
o Travel services: Airport welcome and transfers, ticketing, hotel accommodation, rent a car, tours, exchange.
Compulsory per charter
o Standard Charter Pack (not commissionable, payable at the base in cash): final cleaning, bed sheets & towels (one set per person), first fill for outboard engine, spare bottle of gas:
o Yachts with 2 cabins 70€, 3 cabins 100€, 4 cabins 140€, 5 cabins 160€, 6 cabins 200€.
o Catamarans: up to 39' 140€, 40'-43' 160€, 45-50' 200€.
o Embarkation: starting date from 17h00.
o Disembarkation: ending day by 09h00.
Compulsory: return to base the evening before disembarkation, at 18h00, the latest. Check in/out procedures time is considered to be part of the charter period.
Optional Crew services:
o Skipper: 150€ per day plus food provision
o Cook: 140€ per day plus food provision; Hostess: 130€ per day plus food provision.
o The Cook is taking care of the breakfast, 2 meals & yacht's cleaning daily. The Hostess is taking care of breakfast, one light meal, saloon - kitchen & deck cleaning daily.
The said refundable Security Deposit (2.000-3.500 euro) is required upon embarkation and will cover any damage or loss of the yacht and her equipment during the cruise.
Security deposit reduction insurance:
Yachts up to 44 feet: 250 EUR (non-refundable)
IN CASH at base / upon embarkation + 400 EUR (refundable in case of no damage & payable at base / upon embarkation, via Visa- or Master card)
Yachts above 45 feet & all catamarans: 330 EUR (non-refundable)
IN CASH at base / upon embarkation + 500 EUR (refundable in case of no damage & payable at base / upon embarkation, via Visa- or Master card)
All boats are insured against:
o Risks arising from liability to third parties and damage to hull, machinery and equipment
o Third party liability
o Sea pollution liability
o A deductible provision is applied, depending on the yachts value.
A down payment will secure your reservation. Final payment of the charter fee is due 3-4 weeks prior to your arrival. 1-2 weeks before your starting date you will receive details for your local contact person at the marina and a list of suggested items to bring with you from hom for your sailing adventure!
o The down payment (50% of the total charter fee, depending on the booking date) is paid by bank's transfer to our account upon contract signing.
o The balance (50% of the charter fee, depending on the booking date) is paid 45 days prior to embarkation.
Down payment by wire transfer -without surcharge- or on line payment with credit card -with related credit card fee on top-), should be settled within 1 week.
1. When cancellation is announced 1 to 45 days prior to departure, 100% of the total charter fee is due.
2. When cancellation is announced 46 to 90 days prior to departure the down payment is due.
3. When cancellation is announced 91 days prior to departure, 300 is due.
4. The ISTION Cancellation guarantee: In any of the above cases, we guarantee that the total charter fee of a cancelled charter will be returned to our customer (except of an administration fee of 300 Euro), in case a new charter comes up for the same boat, for this period, under the same conditions.
For those looking for more information before contacting us we invite you to visit our related pages: