Charter Reservation Guide
Chartering a yacht can be a daunting experience for many people, at Istion it is our job to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
Our experts will take you step by step through:
- understanding your needs and your expectations
- suggesting the best yacht for your group
- suggesting suitable charter areas and which islands to visit
- offering top quality service and support throughout your holiday
- arranging for any special requirements that you may need
Our aim is always to arrange a perfect sailing holiday for every one of our guests.
To get started simply contact us and let us know:
- Your experience with yachts (any sailing qualifications and if you would like a bareboat or skippered charter)
- The number of people in your party (and if any of them need a single private cabin)
- Any preferences in the islands you would like to visit
- When you are planning to be in Greece
- Any other information or questions you have regarding your charter
The Offer Process
In case we need any further details we will contact you to discuss your plans and confirm any unclear points. We then send our complete and detailed proposal and offer. If you have any further questions we are happy to answer any detail. The official charter contract, invoice and payment instruction will follow your final confirmation of your chosen offer.
Prior to your arrival we will ask for all your arrival information and a complete list of your requirements (transfers, hotel reservations, provisions, etc). We ensure to take care of each little detail so you can rest easy upon your arrival in Greece.
Bare boat charters 2021 terms & conditions
Charter rates in Euro referring to weekly charter period, including:
- Current VAT
- Use of yachts with following equipment: (VHF, Music Player, GPS, Autopilot, Echo sounder, Speedometer, Dinghy, Warm water supply, Spray hood, Bimini/tent, Blankets)
Charter rates do not include:
- Fuel- & water consumption, crew (i.e. skipper/cook), berthing fees, provisioning, transfers, charterer’s expenses & extras.
- Provisioning: Food & beverage can be arranged for Charterer in advance, using Istion’s Provision List template but chosen food supplies are delivered to yacht only after the yacht has been handed over (check-in complete).
- Travel services: Airport welcome and transfers, etc. can be arranged upon request.
Standard Charter Pack* (not commissionable & payable directly by Charterer in cash at base, prior to embarkation):
- Yachts with 2 cabins 90€, 3 cabins 130€, 4 cabins 170€, 5 cabins 200€, 6 cabins 250€.
- Catamarans: up to 39’ 170€, 40’-43’ 200€, 44-47’ 250€, 48-50’ 300€.
- Embarkation: starting date from 17h00.
- Disembarkation: ending day by 09h00.
Return to Re-delivery Base - Compulsory: return to base the evening before disembarkation, at 18h00 the latest. Check in/out procedures time is considered to be part of the charter period.
Istion charter bases: Athens, Lavrion, Skiathos, Paros, Kos, Rhodes, Lefkas, Corfu, Preveza & Volos.
Pick up possibilities: Mykonos or other ports upon request & availability.
Discounts: 2 weeks charter: 5%; 3 weeks charter: 10%; 4 weeks charter 15%;
Early booking till 31/12/2020: 10%; Boat show: 5%; Repeat Istion Customers 5%; Maximum discount: 15%.
Optional Crew services:
Skipper and/or Hostess/Steward can be locally arranged with freelance providers, subject to independent hire Terms & conditions.
- Skipper: 190€ per day plus provisioning
- Hostess/Cook: 170€ per day plus provisioning
- Security Deposit reduction is mandatory for skippered charters.
- Optional Services*: Pet on board up to 4kg: 120€ per charter
Hostess / Steward shall do the daily shopping and prepare and serve each day breakfast and a light meal (lunch or dinner). Provisions shall be made and meals will be prepared so as to meet the preferences declared by the Charterer in advance, to the extent permitted by local market availability of items, paying careful attention to all special nutritional needs and restrictions set by the Charterer (such as vegetarian restrictions, gluten tolerance, type of meat, wine picking, etc.). Hostess / Steward will assist skipper in all of his duties under his instructions and shall take care of cleaning of communal areas of the yacht daily.
As per Charter Party Terms, Charterer will provide at Base before embarkation a Security Deposit as per Istion Offer; payment by credit card, VISA or MasterCard only (no debit cards).
The Security deposit applies per insurable event (damage or loss. This means that should an incident occur, in order to be covered against a 2nd incident, the Charterer must replenish the Security deposit to the initial amount.
In any other case, Stakeholder and / or Owner may treat the charter agreement as repudiated by Charterer and end the charter.
Security deposit reduction:
- Yachts up to 44 feet: 250 €/week plus refundable security deposit 500€
- Yachts from 45 feet and up to 50 feet: 300 € / week plus refundable security deposit 600€
- Yachts from 51 feet up to 54 feet: 350€/week plus refundable deposit 700€
- Yachts from 55 feet: 450 €/week plus refundable deposit 800€
- All catamarans up to 41feet: 350€/week plus refundable deposit 700€
- All catamarans from 42 & up to 45 feet: 450 €/week plus refundable deposit 800€
- All catamarans from 46 feet: 500 €/week plus refundable deposit 1000€
The security deposit reduction is mandatory in case of a skippered charter. For all skippered charters: 350€ plus refundable security deposit 700 €. Not available for regattas & races. Prices subject to change without notice
All boats are insured against:
- Risks arising from liability to third parties and damage to hull, machinery & equipment
- Third party liability
- Sea pollution liability
- A deductible provision is applied, depending on the yachts value.
- All prices in Euro, pricelist subject to change without notice.
- Charter Prices include local taxes and VAT calculated as per current rates applicable and valid to this date (VAT 12% on charter fee, 24% on all other prices), subject to change without prior notice or responsibility of the Broker, the Stakeholder or the Owner.
Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after booking, that result in change of VAT and hence of total amount(s) due, then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer.
- Charter Price: 25% of the total charter fee due and payable upon reservation to confirm
booking. 25% of the total charter fee due and payable 91 days prior to embarkation. Balance payment due 35 days prior to embarkation.
- Extras (marked with *) are payable to independent providers prior to embarkation AT BASE directly by Charterer in cash (i.e. standard charter pack, crew arrangements, optional equipment & charter pack & services)
- Booking is not confirmed until 1st payment is cleared to Istion Yachting bank account stated on booking form. Charter will take place only if all payments are confirmed in cleared funds in due time.
- All payments in Euro. All amounts must be received in full, in cleared funds net of payment / credit card / banking commissions and expenses.
- Bank Accounts:
>>payments from ALL Countries EXCEPT RUSSIA to
- FRANCE: CREDIT INDUSTRIEL ET COMMERCIAL
Address: CIC PARIS OPERA BOURSE 28, AVENUE DE L’ OPERA, 75002, PARIS, FRANCE
SWIFT ADDRESS (BIC): CMCIFRPP
IBAN: FR 76 3006 6100 0500 0202 5590 133
Beneficiary: ISTION YACHTING LTD
- CYPRUS: BANK OF CYPRUS
Address: International Business Unit 0388, PO Box 21472, CY-1599, Nicosia Cyprus
SWIFT address (BIC): BCYPCY2N
EURO account: IBAN: CY23002001950000357020632688
>>payments FROM RUSSIA ONLY TO
- GREECE: EUROBANK SA
Address: 2 GEROULANOU, GR16542, ATHENS, GREECE
SWIFT ADDRESS (BIC): ΕRBKGRAA
IBAN: GR 67 0260 0190 0005 2020 0822 012
Beneficiary: ISTION YACHTING LTD
Booking Cancellation Policy
Time of Cancellation
(Notification to Istion Yachting in Writing)
1 to 35 days prior to departure
100% of total charter price
36 to 90 days prior to departure
50% of total charter price
91 days or more prior to departure
25% of total charter price
Cancellation of Crew arrangements (Skipper/Hostess): if notice of cancellation is given 1 to 35 days prior to departure 25% of agreed services price is due.
No-Show Cancellation: 100% of all amounts including charter price, mandatory/optional extras and any crew is due.
The ISTION Cancellation guarantee: In any event of cancellation, Istion Yachting guarantees that in case the yacht is re-let, for the same charter period and under the same conditions, all amounts received will be reimbursed to Charterer net of a processing fee of Euro 300.
Yacht Charter does not include Charterer’s / Skipper’s Liability Insurance, nor Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance. Charterers are advised to obtain cover of Travel Insurance and Skipper's Liability Insurance that cover all aspects of the trip.
- Subject to Istion Yachting Ltd. Booking.
- Options placed upon request for maximum one week.
- Bookings confirmed only when: duly signed Charter Party has been provided to Istion Yachting and 1st payment has been cleared in Istion Yachting bank account in due time.
- Istion Yachting reserves the right to, without any liability, cancel bookings for which documentation and / or payments have not been provided in due time and in compliance with booking and charter party terms & conditions.
- Yacht’s specification and equipment may vary from those presented on internet or promotional material, exact yacht & equipment details are valid only as listed / described in the specific offer statement provided by Istion Yachting in response to each inquiry. Information, photos and videos on Istion Yachting webpages is not binding and does not constitute contractual document, it is only indicative as to the type and model of the yachts offered. They are not actual pictures or actual videos of the vessels offered by the company (unless expressly stated therein).
- Described services and facilities are indicative. They may vary depending on actual conditions (for example the period, base or yacht chartered).
- Only documentation (forms / contracts / checklists) issued by Istion Yachting Ltd can be accounted for as official proof of the conditions of each charter and guest comments and evaluations on such forms are to be accounted for as testimony on the services provided. Any other documents / forms aside those issued by Istion Yachting (i.e. for Inventory, Delivery and Redelivery etc.) will be disregarded.
- By requesting Charter Party to be issued by Istion Yachting, Charterer and Agents acknowledge to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions of booking and of Charter Party.
- By taking delivery of the yacht, even if effected and signed by Skipper, Charterer confirms acceptance without modification of all Charter Party Terms & Conditions and assumes full responsibility pursuant to those terms.
- In cases of complaints, notice must be given to Stakeholder by written communication specifying the precise nature of the complaint within 24-hours of the event or occurrence and not after the charter period has ended. Any claim or complaint after such period, may be disregarded.
- Istion Yachting is not responsible for any typing errors that may occur.
Minimum requirements involve that,
- one crew member presents the Port Authority an appropriate sailing certificate, proving his competence as Skipper, and
- one experienced crew member is declared as Co-skipper; Co-skipper should possess equivalent certification as Skipper or may otherwise sign a self-declaration statement for the port authority verifying his sailing experience.
- Subject to applicable Greek legislation, qualifications are to be approved by the local Port Authority on the day of departure. Charterer is at all times liable for suitability of his qualification and certification. Day Skipper Certificates may be rejected by the Port Authority and Charterers are therefore advised to ensure they have an International Certificate of Competence (ICC). Typically, any holder of “Day Skipper” certificate can obtain their ICC from the yachting association that issued their Day Skipper certificate and the process usually requires nothing more than a simple application. Please contact your yachting association in time for your trip (we suggest that you allow at least 20 days for the certificate to be issued). Also any other certificates bearing daylight use limitations are being rejected by Greek port authorities, if charter duration exceeds 24 hours. Other causes of license rejection may include navigation limited to less than 20nm.
- Broker, Stakeholder and Owner shall not be responsible if skipper certification is rejected by Port Authority and Istion Yachting reserves the right to require that charterers hire a professional skipper, if their sailing skills and qualifications are deemed insufficient.
For those looking for more information before contacting us we invite you to visit our related pages: